Wednesday 23 July 2008

Still Waiting

Am still waiting for new prepaid credit card. They said they would send me a new one so I have been patiently waiting. It does have to come from Melbourne so I expected it to take a while. Will wait another week before contacting company in case its in the mail.

Since I can't spend money on the net, I have been reading more blogs.

Have discovered that the whole world seems to have gone mad on screwing up the welfare sector/state. I thought it was bad enough in Oz, but in the US its truly frightening and the infection is apparently spreading to Israel and the UK, apparently parts of Europe are already infected. The left leaning blogs see it as an attempt to lower wages for everyone, while of course the right try to justify it on the basis of economics(pensions are too expensive so people should take any job they can get and be grateful (if they don't starve first)) and social justice!

As an interested party I am not even going to pretend neutrality. I tried working, between being in Hospital when my health broke down too far, and am extremely grateful to have got back on the pension before the Government made all those who have applied for the pension, in the last few years, go on the Dole (a cut of $100 a week) if they can't find work(any work!) for15 hours a week.

I am not complaining about my life but I feel desperately sorry for the disabled people who will be made to rely on family and friends, wiping out any attempt at independence, as studying is not an option on the dole (you have to look for work only).

I hope that by the time they decide to stiffen the requirements further I will be on the Old Age Pension( if it still exists) or the euthanasia supporters will have got their bill through and Mum and I will be put down as "useless eaters" lol. (Actually I am hoping the Lord will come, or take us home, before this happens)

2 comments:

eliza said...

The eugenics campaign of the nazis
has still roots in the western nations and is slowly growing back again. The fertiliser of atheism\racism\evolutionary thought fed especially to this generation will produce no flowers I hope in my time.
There is less privacy and our rights ( everyone's rights) are slowly being eroded.

Ganeida said...

You are a cheerful soul, aren't you! And I know how you lot love your food! *Useless eaters* indeed!