Wednesday 26 December 2007

Christmas

Christmas started with the electric jug going on the blink. Sis will pick up a new one on friday.

We couldn't find the Turkey Roll tho Sis swore they brought it home (we only shop once a fortnight).I Said I hadn't noticed it.

So Sis picked up a cooked chook(chicken) and we ate it with roast pumpkin , roast potatoes and peas. Sis cooked the main meal and I made the Trifle. I Didn't make Trifle till Boxing Day as we were all too full to eat anything else after Sis served the meal. She has a good appetite and assumes we all do. We spent the rest of the day digesting our meal while watching India try to beat us at cricket.

Thought you might like the Trifle recipe:

1 Pkt. Jam rollettes or Sponge cake pieces
Orange juice or some favourite liqueur
Custard
Cream
Nuts or Marshmallows

Pile jam rollettes into glass bowl
Throw on orange juice or liqueur or brandy
Cover with custard, whipped cream and crushed nuts or marshmallows(or both).

Place in fridge for at least an hour.

I didn't wet the rollettes this year, as I had a Brandy flavoured custard I thought would be enough, but it was a mistake as the rollettes were too dry. Ah well we live and learn.

Enjoy

2 comments:

Ganeida said...

No trifle for us this year. Cheesecake & plum pud. I prefer trifle to pud so may make some for New Year.

Ganeida said...

I never knew you looked like that! Cuddles for his Lordship. Great to see a piccie up.